Regal’s standards of perfection goes beyond the manufacturing of the products and does not end with the strict quality control procedures to which every products is subjected to before it leaves our premises.
Regal sees customer service as a consistent international approach to our dialogue with the customer in all Regal Boutiques worldwide. We are polite, make clear statements, are helpful and are equipped with the necessary skills.
Only by doing this can Regal meet the requirements of customers all over the world.
Fountain Pen Storage and Cleaning Recommendations
Cleaning the Nib / Point
We recommend cleaning your fountain pen between each ink refill.
1. Place the nib and gripping section in a cup of cool water.
2. Let the nib and gripping section soak overnight.
3. Our inks are water- soluble and will dissolve with water.
4. Remove the section block from water and rinse it with a slow stream of cool water.
5. Gently blow into the nib assembly to remove any excess water.
6. You may now place a new ink cartridge or an ink converter into the section block.
Fountain Pen cleaning is advised when pen has not been used for some time or when changing ink colors.
- To clean nib section, unscrew from barrel, remove cartridge or converter and hold nib under lukewarm running water. (If you take a syringe bulb and gently push warm water and air through the writing unit it seems to clean the feeds and inserts.)
- Shake carefully and dry with soft, clean cloth. Hold nib slit against cloth for 3 seconds to draw out excess water.
- To clean converter, remove from nib section and hold under lukewarm running water while propelling and repelling plunger. Shake carefully to remove water. Affix nib section to converter and fill with ink. If water remains in converter or nib, the first few lines written may appear light.
Proper Storage of Fountain Pen for Optimal Performance
- The nib should be stored point up when not in use. This will cause the ink will drain down into the converter or cartridge, which avoids drying or clogging of the nib.
For any assistance please do contact us at 1-971-279-5065 between 9:00 am to 6 pm PST Monday through Friday. And 9:00 am to 6 pm PST on weekend or find a store close to you.